What Are the Common Diseases and Conditions Linked to Excessive Belly Fat?
You are considered obese when your Body Mass Index (BMI) is higher than 30. One is considered morbidly obese when their BMI is above 40. Statistics show that over 60 million adults and 10 million children are obese, making it one of the leading causes of heart related diseases. This article provides you with information on the top 10 diseases that are related to excess belly fat. And you can be sure that garcinia cambogia is able to burn belly fat fast.
1. Heart Disease — Obesity leads to the development of coronary heart disease, which can cause strokes and heart attacks. According to the American Heart Association, overweight people are more likely to get heart attacks by the time they reach 45 years. Adolescents suffering from obesity will likely suffer a heart attack before they reach 35 years of age. You can reduce the chances of developing heart related disease by losing weight through cardiovascular exercises. There is plenty of information on the internet on how to burn belly fat for women and men.
2. HIGH Blood Pressure — Research indicates that high blood pressure is the primary cause of death to people living in the U.S. aged 25 years and above. Over 70 million people are suffering from hypertension or High Blood Pressure, which is one of the most common causes of heart related diseases. The more overweight a person is, the higher their chances of getting HBP. Science cannot figure out why obesity causes HBP. However, research done on obese people showed that there was an increase in arterial resistance and an increase in blood volume in overweight people. Those suffering from both high blood pressure and obesity can reduce the risks involved by losing as little as 8 pounds.
3. Diabetes — Development of insulin resistance is very common in obese people. Insulin is a hormone released by the body, which helps identify the levels of calories in one’s body. When there is too much insulin the body, the brain tells your body not to take any more food. Insulin resistance is when the brain is not able to detect the levels of insulin, which leads to overeating. Insulin resistance is known to cause type 2 diabetes. Research shows that 80% of diabetic patients in the world suffer from type 2 diabetes. Obesity leads to increased cells resistant to insulin effects, causing diabetes. Losing as little as 15 pounds can reduce the risk of acquiring type 2 diabetes.
4. High Cholesterol Levels — High levels of cholesterol can cause heart attacks. There are two ways in which cholesterol is transported through your body; high-density lipoprotein (HDL) and Low-protein lipoprotein (LDL). LDL is the bad kind since it transports cholesterol to the walls in blood vessels, increasing one’s chance of suffering from a heart attack. HDL reduces the risk of heart attacks. You can reduce this risk by losing 11 or more pounds through exercise and healthy eating.
5. Cancer — According to the American Heart Association, people suffering from obesity have a 50% chance of developing cancer than non-obese people. The risk is higher in women who are 20 pounds or more overweight. Losing just 12 pounds or more can lower the risks.
6. Infertility — Obesity is known to cause ovarian failure by changing hormonal levels in women. Being 15 to 20 pounds overweight increases your chances of developing ovarian cancer or becoming infertile. Your body needs to be at a safe weight in order for it to regulate menstruation and ovulation and to produce right amounts of hormones. Men are also at risk of suffering from infertility since obesity lowers sperm count and leads to the development of motility. Shedding 12 or more pounds can help reduce the threat.
7. Back Pain — Overweight people are more likely to suffer from joint and back pain. Being obese exerts pressure on the most vulnerable parts of the spine, causing injury to the back. Being obese will also increase your chances of developing arthritis, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis and lower back pain. Shedding as little as 10 pounds can reduce the threat.
8. Skin Infection — The excess skin folds on an obese person’s body can easily get infected from the heat, sweat and friction. Without proper hygiene, which is common in overweight people, different kinds of skin infections can develop in different parts of the body.
9. Ulcers — Study carried out by the National Institutes of Health, indicates that overweight men are at a higher risk of developing gastric ulcers. Gastric ulcers are caused by an imbalance during the release of enzyme pepsin and hydrochloric acid. Losing a mere 7 pounds can help reduce the risks.
10. Gallstones — Obese women are at a risk of developing gallstones, which are caused by an increase in the levels of bile in the kidneys. This condition is most common in older women. Moderate exercises that will help you lose at least 4 pounds can remedy the situation.
While it is more difficult for obese people to lose weight, there are currently hundreds, if not thousands of weight loss programs that can help fight obesity. In each of these weight loss programs, one is required to follow a strict training routine and diet. Processed foods are one of the major causes of obesity. Avoiding these kinds of foods can significantly reduce weight, and keep you in a better shape.
With so many weight loss programs to choose from, it is often difficult for people to decide which one suits them the best. Some of these programs are scams, designed to take advantage of desperate consumers looking for fast ways to lose excess belly fat. To be on a safer side, make sure that the course is natural and safe. Find out if eating slowly actually helps you to lose your belly fat.
Back to home
Official weight loss tips at wiki here.